Intelligent Data Management for NAS
Proficiency, IBM and Komprise enable businesses to manage data growth while cutting costs. With Komprise we analyze across current NAS storage and transparently move old, cold files to IBM Cloud Object Storage transparently. Komprise mimics a full hierarchical file system on IBM Cloud Object Storage, IBM Spectrum Scale and Tape. It maintains a dynamic link on the primary NAS such that users still see and can access the moved files as if they are on the original NAS. By moving cold data in this manner, you can save as much as 70% on storage costs without any disruption to users and applications. It also reduces the need to purchase more NAS storage.
Komprise policy management can be created to continuously copy all data, hot and cold, to IBM COS and IBM Spectrum Scale. As files are modified and changed, they are re-copied to the IBM environment thus maintaining an active copy of all the data in the on premise NAS storage and a second copy on lower cost IBM Storage for disaster recovery.
Users can also exploit IBM Spectrum Scale for NAS migration – Komprise simplifies migrating data from any Network Attached Storage architecture to IBM Spectrum Scale. The Komprise licensing includes NAS migration at no additional cost. By exploiting the multi-site properties of IBM COS, you get cost-effective disaster recovery for unstructured file data.
What Komprise Intelligent Data Management for NAS provides:
- Analyze data usage and growth across NAS storage
- Interactively show real cost savings with IBM
- Transparently move file data to IBM COS, IBM Spectrum Scale by policy
- Maintain file-based access to all moved data from original NAS
- Provide a file-system view to data on IBM COS and IBM Spectrum Scale
- Leverage IBM Spectrum Archive to move data from IBM Spectrum Scale to IBM Tape
- NAS migrations from 3rd party NAS environments to IBM Spectrum Scale
- DR copy of data on IBM COS and IBM Spectrum Scale
- Use cases: Cold data archiving, Capacity Planning, Low cost DR, NAS Data Migration, Cloud